Setting Up Your Printer on a Macintosh Computer
You can connect the printer to the latest models of Macintosh computers
(Mac OS 8.1 or later) through the USB port. To connect older models
without a USB port, you can either connect the Macintosh to a
HP JetDirect print server (JetDirect 300x), or contact Apple for USB
Before connecting your printer to the computer, ensure that your
configuration meets these requirements:
Your computer must support USB
You need a USB-compliant interface cable
Your computer must be running MacOS 8.1 or later
Note: The following procedure assumes that you have completed steps 1 through
5 in the Setting Up section that starts on page 4.
1. Connect the USB cable (purchased separately; part number C6518A).
2. Insert the HP Printer Starter CD into your CD-ROM drive. Double-
click the Installer icon.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
4. Select Chooser from the Apple menu.
5. Click the printer’s icon from the left side of the Chooser window.
Then, click HP 1220C from the right side of the Chooser window.
Close the Chooser.